Our mission is to support, educate and promote the use of hovercraft for a wide variety of tasks including; sight-seeing tours, hovercraft orientation flights, specialized cargo and commercial services, support for marine-based research, photography, Search & Rescue and survey work. Hovercraft can operate on inshore waters, rivers, marshes and tidal flats as well as on ice, flooded land and any sensitive surface that requires no wake and a minimal footprint. The craft fully loaded can have a lighter footprint on the surface than a person walking so the likelihood of damaging a sensitive surface is greatly reduced.
LMS Heritage Boat Festival and Children's Pirate Day.
Vancouver Island Hovercraft - Charity Hovercraft Rides
Vancouver Island Hovercraft will be offering Hovercraft Rides and Demonstrations at the LMS Society Marina this spring. The Rides will be by donation are a great way to experience riding on a hovercraft while raising money for a good cause. All monies raised through these rides will be donated to local charity. The hovercraft rides will be at:
- The annual Heritage Boat Festival at the Ladysmith Community Marina is on Saturday, May 26th from 10 am – 4 pm.
- Kids Pirate Day is Saturday, June 2nd from 10 am – 4 pm at the Ladysmith Community Marina – admission is FREE!
Want to see our latest activities, special events and offers? Find us on Facebook Vancouver Island Hovercraft (eco-tours) or click on this LINK.
Home Port and Local Waters
A Hover-tour passenger comments on her tour experience:
"The agility and speed of the hovercraft were impressive, along with the fact that we could go where no other water craft would dare venture... a mere push of a button and we were up and running/flying/sailing again – hard to know how to describe it, but it was amazing". - Shirley
- Amphibious Marine (Sevtec hovercraft builder in Shelton Washington)
- Town of Ladysmith (a great town by the sea... stop by for a visit soon)
- Environment Canada Marine Weather
- Local Tides
- Royal Canadian Marine Search & Rescue (Ladysmith Station 29)
- RNLI rescue hovercraft
- CCGA hovercraft (Sea Island base, Richmond, BC)